I noticed in Scripture that God is frequently described as “the God who…” or “the LORD who…” So I ran a search on all the occurrences of those phrases and came up with a list of 100 descriptions, though they are not all unique.
“…I am the LORD, who does all these things” (Isaiah 45:7, ESV).
He is THE GOD WHO…
1. answers me in the day of my distress and has been with me wherever I have gone (Genesis 35:3).
2. has been my shepherd all my life long to this day (Genesis 48:15).
3. brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery (Genesis 15:7; Exodus 6:7; 16:6; 18:20; 20:2; 29:46; Leviticus 11:45; 19:36; 25:38; 26:13; Numbers 15:41; Deuteronomy 5:6; 6:12; 8:14; 13:5, 10; Joshua 24:17; 1 Kings 9:9; 2 Kings 17:7, 36; Psalm 81:10; Jeremiah 2:6; Daniel 9:15).
4. sanctifies you (Leviticus 20:8; 21:8; 21:15; 21:23; 22:9, 16, 32).
5. has separated you from the peoples (Leviticus 20:24).
6. goes before you (Deuteronomy 1:30).
7. fights for you (Deuteronomy 3:22).
8. keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations (Deuteronomy 7:9).
9. is not partial and takes no bribe (Deuteronomy 10:17).
10. has done for you these great and terrifying things that your eyes have seen (Deuteronomy 10:21).
11. goes with you…goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed (Deuteronomy 31:6, 8).
12. gave you birth (Deuteronomy 32:18).
13. fights for you, just as he promised you (Joshua 23:3, 10).
14. is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies (2 Samuel 22:4).
15. answers by fire (1 Kings 18:24).
16. sits enthroned above the cherubim (1 Chronicles 13:6).
17. keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments (Nehemiah 1:5).
18. is great and awesome (Nehemiah 4:14).
19. keeps covenant and steadfast love (Nehemiah 9:32).
20. saves the upright in heart (Psalm 7:10).
21. is a righteous judge, and … who feels indignation every day (Psalm 7:11).
22. sits enthroned in Zion! Tell among the peoples his deeds! (Psalm 9:11).
23. gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me (Psalm 16:7).
24. is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies (Psalm 18:3).
25. delights in the welfare of his servant! (Psalm 35:27).
26. will answer (Psalm 38:15).
27. fulfills his purpose for me (Psalm 57:2).
28. judges on earth (Psalm 58:11).
29. shows me steadfast love (Psalm 59:17).
30. daily bears us up; God is our salvation. Selah (Psalm 68:19).
31. (Who) is like you? (Psalm 71:19).
32. executes judgment, putting down one and lifting up another (Psalm 75:7).
33. works wonders (Psalm 77:14).
34. made heaven and earth! (Psalm 115:15; 121:2; 124:8).
35. is seated on high (Psalm 113:5).
36. was on our side— let Israel now say— (Psalm 124:1-2).
37. makes everything (Ecclesiastes 11:5).
38. gave [man his human spirit] (Ecclesiastes 12:7).
39. created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it (Isaiah 42:5).
40. makes a way in the sea, a path in the mighty waters (Isaiah 43:16).
41. made you, who formed you from the womb and will help you (Isaiah 44:2).
42. made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself (Isaiah 44:24).
43. does all these things (Isaiah 45:7).
44. hides himself (Isaiah 45:15).
45. created the heavens (he is God!), who formed the earth and made it (he established it; he did not create it empty, he formed it to be inhabited!): “I am the Lord, and there is no other (Isaiah 45:18).
46. teaches you to profit, who leads you in the way you should go (Isaiah 48:17).
47. is faithful, the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you (Isaiah 49:7).
48. stirs up the sea so that its waves roar— the Lord of hosts is his name (Isaiah 51:15).
49. pleads the cause of his people (Isaiah 51:22).
50. has compassion on you (Isaiah 54:10).
51. gathers the outcasts of Israel, declares, “I will gather yet others to him besides those already gathered (Isaiah 56:8).
52. gives the rain in its season, the autumn rain and the spring rain, and keeps for us the weeks appointed for the harvest (Jeremiah 5:24).
53. practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord (Jeremiah 9:24).
54. gives the sun for light by day and the fixed order of the moon and the stars for light by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar— the Lord of hosts is his name (Jeremiah 31:35).
55. formed it [the earth] to establish it—the Lord is his name (Jeremiah 33:2).
56. sanctifies (Ezekiel 20:12; 37:28).
57. keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments (Daniel 9:4).
58. makes the storm clouds, and he will give them showers of rain, to everyone the vegetation in the field (Zechariah 10:1).
59. stretched out the heavens and founded the earth and formed the spirit of man within him (Zechariah 12:1).
60. No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known (John 1:18).
61. know the hearts of all, show which one of these two you have chosen (Acts 1:24).
62. made the heaven and the earth and the sea and everything in them (Acts 4:24).
63. bore witness to the word of his grace, granting signs and wonders to be done by their hands (Acts 14:3).
64. made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all that is in them (Acts 14:15).
65. knows the heart (Acts 15:8).
66. makes these things (Acts 15:17).
67. made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth (Acts 17:24).
68. justifies (Romans 8:33).
69. has mercy (Romans 9:16).
70. gives the growth (1 Corinthians 3:7).
71. empowers them all [spiritual gifts] in everyone (1 Corinthians 12:6).
72. gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:57).
73. raises the dead (2 Corinthians 1:9).
74. judges me (1 Corinthians 4:4).
75. establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us (2 Corinthians 1:21).
76. in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere (2 Corinthians 2:14).
77. is the Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:18).
78. said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 4:6).
79. has given us the Spirit as a guarantee (2 Corinthians 5:5).
80. through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; (2 Corinthians 5:18).
81. comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus (2 Corinthians 7:6).
82. created all things (Ephesians 3:9).
83. works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure (Philippians 2:13).
84. raised him from the dead (Colossians 2:12).
85. tests our hearts (1 Thessalonians 2:4).
86. calls you into his own kingdom and glory (1 Thessalonians 2:12).
87. gives his Holy Spirit to you (1 Thessalonians 4:8).
88. is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe (1 Timothy 4:10).
89. gives life to all things (1 Timothy 6:13).
90. richly provides us with everything to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17).
91. never lies (Titus 1:2).
92. gives [wisdom] generously to all without reproach (James 1:5).
93. raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God (1 Peter 1:21).
94. is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty (Revelation 1:8).
95. has eyes like a flame of fire, and whose feet are like burnished bronze (Revelation 2:18).
96. sits on the throne (Revelation 7:10).
97. lives forever and ever (Revelation 15:7).
98. had power over these plagues (Revelation 16:9).
99. has judged her [Babylon] (Revelation 18:8).
100. was seated on the throne (Revelation 19:4).